Here are step by step directions on how to use the Excel Importer found under the More tab in the top navigation bar.
- Create an Excel document of your current inventory. It should include one column for each of the relevant types of information for your objects. Artist First Name, Artist Last Name, Title, Inventory ID, Materials, Dimensions, Price, Object Status, Location, or any other relevant details.
Dimensions can be assigned in separate columns by Dimension: Height, Dimension: Width, Dimension: Depth, Dimension: Units, and/or Dimension: Notes. Select Dimension Notes if all values are combined into one cell.
It is strongly recommended that you include an Inventory ID to uniquely identify objects in your inventory. Otherwise, an Inventory ID will automatically be created if not provided.
- By default, ArtBinder is preset with few key object fields, but account Administrators can build upon these details. Create additional Custom Fields and customize Dimension Type and Price Type labels from Organization Settings before uploading your Excel file. (ie) If your Excel includes a column for Category, you will need to add a custom field for “Category” under Custom Fields.
- When you are ready to upload your Excel, go into your ArtBinder.com account and click Excel Importer under the More tab in the top navigation bar. Choose an Excel file to upload.
- Next, match a sample of your data with the corresponding ArtBinder fields. This important step is how our system will make a match between the Excel file you uploaded and all the info in our system.
- Once you have finished matching, go ahead and click Save. Then, Run the Import at the top of the page. This will take a few seconds.
- When all the objects have uploaded you will be taken to the Bulk Actions sections to pair images with the objects you just uploaded.
For further assistance, contact your Client Success Manager, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other helpful articles: