Playing videos directly from ArtBinder is in the objects, but not yet a feature. In the meantime, we do have a sleek solution that requires hosting the videos on a website - Vimeo, Dropbox, etc. Once you have an objecting link to the videos, then you can embed the video link in a PDF. When you click the PDF in ArtBinder, the link will open within ArtBinder and you can view the video. You can use a video still as the image and upload the PDF with the embedded link as the additional info PDF. Below is a breakdown of the steps.
Steps to Hyperlink a PDF:
- Create a PDF document.
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat (Note: Adobe Acrobat is required. Adobe Reader does not have this functionality).
- Click tools > Advanced Editing > Link tool.
- Select Link Action > Open in a Web Page.
- Click Next.
- Enter the video’s URL.
- Click the PDF and check to make sure the link objects.
- Save the file.
Steps to Upload a Hyperlinked PDF for a Video Object in ArtBinder:
- Go to Objects at the top navigation bar.
- Click “Create New Object.”
- Input all the relevant object details.
- Add a screenshot of the video as the image.
- Click on Supporting Documents on the left side panel, and drag and drop the hyperlinked PDF file.
- Publish the object.
- Check for new content in the ArtBinder app.
- Click the new object.
- Click the "i" Info icon on the object page.
- Click the hyperlinked PDF.
- Watch the video!!
Feel free to reach out to your Account Manager directly or email email@example.com - we will be happy to assist you.