We offer sleek solutions to uploading videos in ArtBinder that all require hosting the videos on a third party website - Vimeo, Dropbox, etc.
You can enter the video link as plain text to any free text object field, like Additional Info, or create a Custom Field.
Alternatively, you can embed the video link in a PDF and upload it to Supporting Docs. When you click on the PDF in the app, the link will open within ArtBinder so you can view the video. You can use a video still as the image placeholder and upload the PDF with the embedded link as the additional Supporting Doc. Below is a breakdown of the steps.
Steps to Hyperlink a PDF:
- Create a PDF document
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat (Note: Adobe Acrobat is required. Adobe Reader does not have this functionality)
- Select Edit PDF
- Select Link > Add/Edit Web or Document Link
- Choose the area you want hyperlinked
- Link Action > Open a web page
- Enter the video’s URL
- Click the PDF and check to make sure the link objects
- Save the file
Steps to Upload a Hyperlinked PDF for a Video Object in ArtBinder:
- Go to Objects at the top navigation bar
- Click “Create New Object"
- Input all the relevant object details
- Add a screenshot of the video as the primary image
- Click on Supporting Docs on the left side menu, and upload the hyperlinked PDF file.
- Publish the object
- On the app, find the new object
- Click the "i" Info icon on the object page
- Click the hyperlinked PDF
- Watch the video!!