Issuing refunds is easy! Just follow the steps below, or if you’re a visual person you can watch this video instead.
- From the Stripe dashboard, click the “payments” link in the left-hand sidebar.
- Find the payment you want to refund from the list of payments and click it.
- Click the “refund payment” button in the top-right corner of the payments detail view.
- You’ll be asked if you want to issue a full refund or a partial refund. Make your choice and click the blue “Refund” button. That’s it!
- Stripe submits all refunds to your customer’s bank immediately. However, in most cases it will take 5-10 business days for the funds to reappear in your customer’s account.
- Note that in some cases where a refund is issued quickly, the refund may appear in the form of a “reversal,” meaning that the original payment will drop off of your customer’s bank statement and a separate credit is not issued.
Note: Refunds can’t be cancelled. However, you can create a new charge for the customer that is the same amount.
Other helpful articles: